GMAIL DOWN

September 1st, 2009 GMAIL DOWN

We are receiving reports that Google’s mail service, Gmail, is down. Our tests from the CenterNetworks International Headquarters shows that it is unreachable. The time of our tests was 3:54pm Eastern Time. We will continue to update this post with additional announcements as they become available. Google’s Apps Status Dashboard shows an outage for Gmail although they state it’s for a “small subset of users”.

I use Yahoo Mail for the majority of my email although today I decided to send emails about apartments using my Gmail account. I guess I will be homeless if Google doesn’t get it working soon! :-P

Update: 5:00 PM Eastern – Google has provided an update on their blog about the service outage. They say that the team is working on the issue but there are no details on the cause or expected recovery time.

The following message is displayed on some loads:

Server Error
The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.
Please try again in 30 seconds.

As always, please report in if Gmail is down where you are.

While you wait for Gmail to return to service, check out all the ways Google tracks you online.