Urban Meyer Leaving Florida - Urban Meyer Leaving Florida NEWS

Urban Meyer Leaving Florida - Urban Meyer Leaving Florida NEWS

Urban Meyer released his own statement regarding his retirement saying that he had spent his coaching years focused on being the best coach he could be. In that time, he said, he had ignored his health and to some extent, his family. “I have given my heart and soul to coaching college football and mentoring young men for the last 24-plus years and I have dedicated most of my waking moments the last five years to the Gator football program,” Meyer said. “I have ignored my health for years, but recent developments have forced me to reevaluate my priorities of faith and family.

Urban will leave Florida after winning two national championships and coaching up Heisman Trophy-winning QB, Tim Tebow for four years. He went 56-10 at Florida in five seasons and was 32-8 in the SEC.