ephesians 2 8 10 - ephesians 2 8 10 Live

ephesians 2 8 10 - ephesians 2 8 10 Live. Tebow’s eye black says “EPH 2:8-10,” a reference to the Epistle to the Ephesians. Ephesians 2:8-10 says:

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
It seems evident to me that the existing five solas bypass a couple of other important principles taught by Jesus and the writers of the NT. The reason why these principles were ignored by the reformers also seems evident; they were not helpful in their goal of condemning the Roman Church. I think it likely that, in their need to protest the RCC errors (which they did need to do), many of the reformers became somewhat theologically unbalanced.

In this article, I propose adding two solas to the five-to make seven. These two additional elements of the salvation process are clearly present in the scriptures and in the Church’s 2000+ years of experience. I expect radical Calvinists to protest the article in force, but more moderate Reformers and those who lean toward the AngloCatholic side will appreciate it.

On the Order of the Seven Solas The seven solas will be presented in a particular order which has theological (i.e., soteriological) significance, describing the salvation process as it applies to the individual. For our purposes here, the solas are presented in a linear, time-related order. What comes first? We will start with what is divine and pre-existent and move into what believers actually experience in their individual journeys of faith. While each sola is interconnected to each of the others, yet there is sense of movement to the process which eventually comes full circle; the final sola points back to the first. I visualize them as a wheel divided into seven colors, with each color blending into the next as you go around the wheel. I start with the pre-existent glory of God. Please be patient and do not jump ahead, because each sola builds and prepares for those that follow.

1. Soli Deo gloria (“glory to God alone”) – This is the entire reason for everything, including the salvation of individuals. God is full of glory and anything that He does only increases that glory.

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God. How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out. 34″Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?” 35″Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?” 36For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever. Amen. (Romans 11:33-36)

To get a glimpse of the mind of God regarding His purposes in creation and salvation, we need go no further than the words of Jesus in John 17:22-24: “I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 24″Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.” Note for later reference that this passage links the concept of glory with the concept of unity in love, since that is God’s essential characteristic.