Space Shuttle Challenger Explodes 24 Years Ago Today, space shuttle challenger

Space Shuttle Challenger Explodes 24 Years Ago Today, space shuttle challenger space shuttle, buffalo animal, john edwards son s death, gorilla zoe, dj khaled It was one of the moments you never forget where you were. Every detail pressed in slow motion in your mind. It’s hard to believe it was 24 years ago today, Challenger carrying teacher Christa McAuliffe into space exploded in space 73 seconds after launch.

I had escaped English class at
Strafford High School to waste some time socializing in the library. Our librarian had the television on watching the first time the United States sent a civilian into space. It was exciting. It gave hope to many that one day anyone might have that opportunity.

We watched liftoff. It seemed normal. Then suddenly all went wrong. I don’t know why, I ran out of the library, ran down two halls to the end of Mrs. Patterson’s freshman English class, threw the door open and interrupted. The space shuttle blew up! The space shuttle blew up!

I got that look. That’s not very funny. In fact, she told me to head to the office. I said no, come with me to the library. It’s on TV. I grabbed her arm, my adrenaline had me shaking, and I led her to the library. She stood there and watch in disbelief.

Who could forget Ronald
Reagan's beautiful tribute to the astronauts on Challenger that day?