Numerous streets are being shut down because of the event, which runs from 6 p.m. to 11p.m. along Santa Monica Boulevard from Doheny Drive to La Cienega Boulevard. Some streets will close as early as noon.
Actress Ricki Lake will be crowned Queen of the Carnaval, and there will be live musical entertainment.
The Halloween Costume Carnaval has prompted the following street closures, according to the city of West Hollywood:
- Santa Monica Boulevard between La Cienega Boulevard and Doheny Drive, noon today through 6 a.m. Sunday.
- Robertson Boulevard between Melrose Avenue and Santa Monica Boulevard, noon today through 6 a.m. Sunday.
- San Vicente Boulevard between Cynthia Street and Melrose Avenue, noon today through 6 a.m. Sunday.
- La Cienega Boulevard between Holloway Drive and Santa Monica Boulevard, 4 p.m. today through 6 a.m. Sunday.
- Sunset Boulevard eastbound and westbound turn lanes onto La Cienega Boulevard from 6 p.m. today through 7 a.m. Sunday.
- La Peer Drive eastbound turn lane onto Santa Monica Boulevard, noon today through 7 a.m. Sunday.
The city said it will “suspend permit parking for the Halloween Carnaval from 5 p.m. Saturday, October 31, 2009 to 6 a.m., November 1, 2009. Meters will be enforced.”
For more information and parking tips, check here.
– Shelby Grad
–Nicole Santa Cruz
Photo: Miguel Bravo, Fernando Vink and Javiar Gama at the 2007 West Hollywood Halloween Costume Carnaval. Credit: Lori Shepler / Los Angeles Times